Saturday, May 3, 2008

Keeping on keeping on.

Well, I managed to get through this round of cisplatin without vomiting, which is fantastic. All praise to the new anti-nausea drug regime. Now that I am off it, I feel like gagging again more, but so far nothing too bad. I think it was the vomiting that helped cause the throat sores, so I will do my best to avoid it.

I have had 4 radiation treatments so far, which means 26 to go. I haven't felt anything yet, but the damage builds up over time, so I will have to wait and see. Well, with luck not much will happen, except the dramatic shrinking of the tumour, of course.

On the plumbing front, I had a meeting with a surgeon yesterday, and it sounds like we will bump up the tube change earlier to try to combat these ongoing infections I have. Next tube change will be WITH painkillers!