Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cholangiogram

Well I had my 4th? cholangiogram this morning. It went smoothly and was painless, that is after I warned them not to put in more than 5mL of dye or I would be in great pain. The result is that, as I knew, the internal drain is indeed blocked, but the external one is still fine. So far the tube change is scheduled for late June still, and they said I will be able to do it as day surgery with painkillers rather than as an outpatient torture chamber style. I am happy about that. The surgeon who may do an ERCP on me later (I met with him last Friday) wanted my tube change bumped up to within the next few weeks, so I am not sure exactly when it will be. I will need to call his office to see what he thinks about the results of the cholangiogram, and what we should do

Also I had my daily blast of radiation, so 7 down and 23 to go.