Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Possible tube change tomorrow.

The plan for tomorrow is to go in early and get my blood tested again. If my platelets are very low we will not go ahead. If the tube is working well (checking with a cholangiogram), and the platelets are still low, then we probably won't proceed. If they are so-so then we will go ahead with a fresh transfusion of platelets. The radiologist who will be doing the procedure is trying to contact hematology now to see what level is acceptable.

I will start taking oral antibiotics (cipro) again tonight just in case. If we do go ahead with the procedure, then I will be getting pain killers and more antibiotics by IV.

Right now I feel very bad physically. My abdomen is bloated and painful. It is hard to sit up to type this. I will go lay down again now. Ug.

UPDATE: I feel a bit better now. Unfortunately I now have greenish pus now leaking out of the bile drain site. I just noticed an hour ago. That will make it less likely that the tube change will go ahead if we have to stick a new tube in through an obvious infection like that. Well, we'll see tomorrow morning.