Friday, August 15, 2008

Platelet crisis seems to be over.

I just got my blood checked today and my platelets are up to 50, which is still very low, but a lot better than <10 which was just plain dangerous.

My Ascites (bloated abdomen) is also better, I am fairly comfortable (more or less), so I can hang around the house without too much moaning and groaning. Yesterday was pretty bad (gut problems, don't ask), but the rest of the week and today I am ok. I think my energy level is helped by the large dose of steroids that I am on. Generally speaking I am in much better shape at this moment then I was when I was being discharged from hospital.

The only trouble is that I am getting more jaundiced again. My bilirubin is all the way back up to 250. My eyes are not blue and white, but blue and yellow.

That's the news really. Nothing much else to report. There is talk of a tube change coming up which fills me with some trepidation, but I'll cross that bridge later.