Saturday, August 30, 2008

Better than yesterday.

The bloating in my abdomen is back in a big way, but the pain from the tube change is subsiding. Overall, today is better than yesterday. I am still feeling quite bad.

On Thursday, they wanted to keep me overnight (at least) at the hospital to make sure I wasn't going to bleed to death. But I refused, and had to sign a waver form. I am so sick of staying in hospitals, I felt that I would rather take the risk and go home. And, for once, everything turned out ok (so far). My GP made a house call and took a blood sample yesterday evening, and my hemoglobin was about 120 - had I had an internal bleed, it would have dropped even lower. As a precaution, on Thursday, I set the alarm a few times for the middle of the night to make sure I wasn't getting dizzy or weak.