Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wireless access in my hospital room.

Hi, I'm back online. My platelets are still very low, but at least they managed to come up from <10 to 14 on their own. A normal platelet count is above 150. So, if that upward trend continues for a few days, I should be able to get out of here. If not, then I will have to stay put.

I am now on a different antibiotic call pip-taz for short, I can't recall the full name. I have one bug in my bile that is luckily easily fought with a variety of antibiotics. I am still getting fevers about once a day, but it is not really clear if that is a reaction to the bug, or perhaps my body just likes to whip up a fever when I am tired in response to the tumour.

Generally speaking I feel pretty bad. My stomach always feels bloated when I try to eat or drink, but I try to force some in anyway. Especially liquid, since if I can't manage it orally, they will hook up another saline bag by I.V. The one great thing about this hospital stay is that I lucked out on a single room. Being able to sleep without have a roommate making noise makes it a lot easier.