Thursday, July 3, 2008

CT Scan coming up on Monday.

Nothing much to report. My energy levels go up and down. I sleep a lot. I am still <140 pounds, even though I eat as much as I can. It is hard because I can't eat too close to bedtime, or I will vomit. That has happened three times so far. So I try to stuff myself earlier in the day. The pain when I eat seems to be a bit less, so I hope the reflux effects will also settle down. I also need to exercise more (more than zero should be easy) - to try to regain some muscle.

My fever last week seems to have been quickly stopped by the antibiotics, and also my own immune system. I am still taking the antibiotics. I'll do them for 17 days in total.

My CT scan is coming up on Monday. I hope this time I do not vomit the contrast fluid like last time. I will try to drink more slowly and gauge my limit.

I notice that the wikipedia page on cholangiocarinoma has expanded (linked on the right here). A user named "Salzmandavid" seems to be the one writing most of it. Not a very uplifting read, but informative.