Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Getting out of hospital.

I got some great news from the doctor looking after me on this ward. He said despite the occasional temperature spikes, the trend looks positive, so I can go home and switch to having my IV anti-biotics there. So, he just scheduled CCAC (home care nursing) to come to the house twice a day for 2 weeks to hook up the antibiotics to my PICC line. Bar any unforeseen events, I should be able to discharge and leave within an hour.

Other good news is that my blood transfusion worked well to bring my hemoglobin up from 89 to 110, which should really help with my general energy level, but my platelet count is low, so I still can't resume radiation treatment yet.

[aside, I swear there are no less than 8 people talking to my room mate on the other side of the curtain right now - relatives, staff, etc - a total a cacophony, and it was the same yesterday.]

So, when I go home I will actually be offline for a a day or two, since Bell-Sympatico completely screwed up the transfer of the internet when my parents moved last Friday. They have the same phone number, just a new address. So yesterday Sympatico said it would be "24-48" hours before they could remedy their mistakes. Meanwhile my parents have been offline since last Friday.

So, that is about it. I am happy to be discharging. Signing off!