Thursday, June 12, 2008

4 more radiation doses to go.

I had one today and yesterday because my blood levels came back up to low but "acceptable for continued zapping" levels. On Friday, Monday & Tuesday there was a big hassle with trying to get a decent x-ray of me using the same equipment that I get my radiation doses from. They said I had lost weight since the original measurements, which were 13 weeks ago now. No kidding. Why did they just notice now, I wondered. So they were a off in their aim, but no one seemed concerned except for me. In the end, yesterday, we finally got a decent x-ray, and we were only a few mm off, so I was relieved, and we started the doses again.

Now I have 4 to go. Next Wednesday should be my last one. Unfortunately I vomited today from the radiation for the first time (a few hours later), so I will have to be more vigilant about taking anti-nausea drugs just after I get the dose. Also, the radiation seems to have caused/worsened Esophagitis, which makes it painful to eat - but not impossible.

I haven't measured a temperature over 38 since Monday night (spoke too soon that day), so I am hopeful that my antibiotics can end as planned next Tuesday. Which will be one good thing about Tuesday. The annoying thing is my CT scan which was supposed to come a week after radiation ended, but is now falling a day before it ends, is scheduled for 7:20am. I was never much of a morning person, but lately I need every minute of sleep I can get. So I can look forward to being to total wreck when I meet my oncologist later that day (after radiation) about the result. Just ideal for receiving heavy news.