Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Lump

Well, I have noticed a somewhat disturbing thing. When I am on my back I can now feel a lump below my right ribs. I assume it is the tumour. Now, it may just be because I am thinner now than before, and there is no fat there to hide it. Well, the CT scan will say either way what is going on. I have the scan next Tuesday, and unfortunately I don't get the results until I meet with my Oncologist the following Monday.

If it turns out that the tumour has actually grown over the two chemo rounds, then I would want to consider switching chemo agents and horses in midstream, but I suppose the radiation should at least go ahead as scheduled. The tumour may have shrunk too, I really don't know at this point. Also, I have no idea how the lymph nodes are responding, which is very important.

My round of chemo yesterday knocked me flat - I was very tired and pale, but I didn't throw up. And it is clearly an easier one than when I get the cisplatin too. (Update: well, I just threw up now, but i feel better for it)