Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taking less drugs now...

Well, on the plus side, my 3 different antibiotics are all finished, and my anti-nausea + steroid drugs are now done too. So that is down from taking about 10 pills a day down two 2. I am just on the pain killers now, and I feel like I could almost skip those a little bit, which seems to be a good sign that at least the tumour doesn't seem to be growing rapidly, and might even be shrinking. Just being optimistic.

On the downside, I still feel completely stir crazy, tired and achy, I think from lack of exercise as much as anything. I would love to go on a 10km hike, but just a few hundred meters and I want to sit down on a bench for a while.

And day by day I am more and more sick of this bag of bile hanging off of me, I wish it could be removed. It seems to be draining mostly internally, so I would love to just pull out the external tube and have one less external tube coming out of my body. I'd still have the PICC line with the 5FU pump, but one would be better than 2.