Thursday, April 17, 2008

CT Scan on the 22nd.

I called my oncologist to let him know about the lump, which is now very obvious to me - even standing. He moved up our meeting to the day of the CT scan, this coming Tuesday. So I'll know on the same day what is going on - which is great. It would have been a long week to wait for the results. He said it might be something else, not necessarily the tumour itself. For example, it could be swelling around the stent (I just made that up, but why not), but the CT scan will tell us exactly what is going on. Having something visible (other than the earlier Jaundice) somehow makes it more disturbing, but is also weirdly grounding in a way. I can say - yes there it is, that lump is causing all my suffering. I almost feel better about going in for radiation in a few weeks too - now that I can see something there to be blasted.