Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Day of Radiation.

Well, it was my first day of radiation today, and also a cisplatin day. So far - so woosy. This won't be a long post. Radiation itself is nothing really. Just being still while they zap you. No immediate physical sensation at all. I guess the thing to watch out for will be the damage over time. As for expected nausea, well... as today was my big chemo day, I am feeling the effects of that overwhelming any signal from the radiation. Maybe next week I'll be able to discern a radiation effect more clearly.

I am on more drugs now for various chemo side effects (I'll skip the litany), and, yes, still going with the antibiotics, and certainly the antibiotics are needed as the infection doesn't seem to be over yet.

I'm not looking forward to the next 3 days, but by the weekend I will be though the worst of it. At least my throat and mouth sores cleared up, so eating (and vomiting) will be easier.