Tuesday, April 22, 2008

CT Results

Well, I got the preliminary results back about the CT Scan. Not good. The tumour is "more pronounced" so a bit bigger, or at least easier to see on the scan. I'll have to wait till next week to hear the radiologist's report, but it seems like the last 5 weeks of chemo haven't done much, except perhaps slow the growth. This is not good news if my goal is to shrink the tumour and then possibly to be able to have resection if it gets small enough. The lymph nodes seem about the same apparently, although again, we'll have to wait for the radiologist's report.

So, next week I start on radiation. It will be every week day. I'm not looking forward to it. One of the three chemo drugs (epirubicin) will be stopped during radiation, but I will still be doing the cisplatin doses, as well as keeping the 5FU pump going.