Friday, September 5, 2008

Turn for the worse.

I am now on the pain killer pump. It pumped into a small needle into my chest. Yesterday was very hard. The nurse didn't think the pump was working, so we had to order another one, and then wait to connect it.

Threw up a lot in one go just before the nurse arrived - lots of burning acid - despite not having eaten all day, which goes to show how much had backed up into my stomach.

My bile is leaking out into gauze dressing, at quite a rapid rate now. It is also very painful there where the tube enters the skin.

When I lay on my back, I hiccup all the time, and I feel like burping, but I can't and this sometimes leads to throwing up in my mouth.

And, just for the icing on the cake I now have a DVT (blood clot) in my left leg. I can only cross my fingers that it doesn't move into my lungs again.

Finally, right now I am going all the way across town again to the hospital to get an ultrasound. And i might get tapped - meaning drain fluid - I don't know.